Flexure is an accounting firm focused on internal and managerial accounting for our clients. We deliver onsite and virtual accounting and advisory services that include bookkeeping, accounting, and contract controller services as well as high-level strategic and strategic finance advisory services. We are looking for a strong team member to deliver controller-level services to our clients.
Flexure is 5 years old and turning the corner from ‘startup’ mode to an established growth company. We are looking for an experienced controller-level team member who can professionally interact with our clients and provide strong, technical monthly and annual accounting.
- Reviewing bookkeeper work and providing review comments
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts and adjusting
- Reviewing financial reports for accuracy
- Preparing financial reports for clients, including standard financials, KPI reports and dashboards
- Budgeting and cash flow forecasting
- Advising clients about best-practices accounting procedures and processes
- Supervising client’s in-house accounting team members
- Prior experience with inventory, manufacturing and/or project costing
- Works well in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment and culture
- Can embrace and become an advocate for our vision and values
- Takes initiative and is on the lookout for ongoing improvement
- Is results-oriented
- Has strong leadership and organization skills
- Is experienced in an accounting/financial services environment and excels at the accounting needs of small business clients (where small business means less than $25 million in revenue)
- Has strong technology skills including experience working in a virtual environment and cloud-based accounting.
- Can juggle clients, team member needs, and due dates in a variable environment
- Has patience but can be persistent and doesn’t give up
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, or commensurate experience and skills/confidence in controller-level accounting
- Managerial accounting preference over tax or audit experience, though tax background is helpful
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of at least 5 other people successfully while delivering proactive services to clients
- Demonstrated ability to deliver technically high-quality services with very positive client feedback
- Work experience in an accounting firm serving or managing multiple clients and deadlines
- Strong budgeting and forecasting skillset
- Able to read and interpret financial statements
- Inventory and manufacturing accounting preferred
- Willing to take Kolbe personality test
Compensation & Benefits:
- This is a base plus incentive role. The team member we are looking for will be confident about their performance and excited about performance-based incentives.
- Base salary of $65,000 to $85,000, depending on experience.
- Generous incentives and bonus pool program.
- 100% paid medical
- LT Disability
- Flexible schedule and generous PTO
Please apply online: https://www.indeed.com/job/controller-1b7411dd798baf88